This contest will be held on March 25th and 26th 2017. Sign in and check in will be held at Coyote Arms Shooting Range 8600 N. Big Five Road, Edinburg, Texas from 10:00am to 12:00pm on March 25th.This event will consist of two person teams, with an entry fee of $250.00 per team. There will be no dogs or live decoys allowed. The contest will pay a minimum of one half (1/2) of the total pot for the first place team. We will award at least 3 places, plus prizes and additional awards. There will also be a Calcutta auction that will pay back 100% and pay 1 place. Entry fees are non-refundable.
Winner will be determined by combined weight of two (2) coyotes, (one entry per team) Places 1, 2 & 3 will be three separate teams.
The hunting areas will be confined to an area as far as you can drive and return by check in time at 12:00 p.m. central standard time on Sunday March 26th. All participants are required to obey all state and federal game rules, laws and regulations. Do your research early and get any necessary permits early. Please read the rules and fully understand them. THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
AGENDA: March 25th 2017, teams that have registered and signed a copy of the rules may leave the starting point at 12:00 P.M. central standard time. On March 26th 2017, teams must be checked in by 2:00 p.m. sharp, Central Standard Time. Any later will result in disqualification. Check in will be at Coyote Arms Shooting Range at the same location the sign in, was located.
For additional information contact Coyote Arms at (956) 631-0448; if no answer PLEASE leave message. WE WILL CALL YOU BACK.
You will receive a receipt after we process your entry and it will include your team number and name.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES
THIS DRAFT WAS FINALIZED ON 2/7/17
ALL PREVIOUS DRAFTS ARE VOID
HOSTED BY THE COYOTE REPUBLIC.
- Each team could be required to submit to a polygraph test and will abide by its results
- Night hunting will be allowed.
- No hunting within ½ mile of any occupied dwelling. Check regulations in the area you are hunting.
- No shooting from a vehicle. No shooting off of a vehicle. Including OHV`s. No shooting across maintained or well-traveled roads.
- All types of calls are permitted. No dogs or other types of living decoys are allowed. Non- living decoys are allowed.
- Each team member must not be more than 200 yards apart at the same stand and must travel in the same vehicle. A team is two people, no more, no less. Two OHV`s are allowed as long as they are not separated by more than 50 yards. Drop and shoots are permitted as long as one team member remains in the vehicle no more than 7/8 of one mile away.
- All teams must check in by 12:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on Sunday, March 26th LATE CHECK-INS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED…..
- Check-in point will be clearly identified. Line up in orderly fashion.
- Have all firearms unloaded and stowed before entering weigh area. DO NOT TAKE FIREARMS OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE ON COYOTE ARMS SHOOTING RANGE PROPERTY. DOING SO WILL GET YOUR TEAM DISQUALIFIED.
- Coyotes must be brought in whole. Coyotes are property of contest.
- ALL Coyotes must be called to and shot by either team member. No trapped, road killed, poisoned, pen raised, snared or any other means that deviates from calling to and shooting a Coyote.
- In the event of a questionable Coyote or its method of take, further examination will be done by the judging committee and their decisions will be final.
- If a Coyote is disqualified, the team could also be disqualified.
- There are 3 judges. They will settle all disputes and disqualify Coyotes or teams and confirm kills and methods of take. ALL DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
- Rifles and shotguns may be loaded to the capacity that the regulations in the area you are hunting will allow. THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW.
- Liability release forms must be complete on March 25th, 2017. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- You must have permission from land owners if you hunt on private land.
- The Predator Challenge committee, sponsors, hosts or judges cannot and will not be held responsible for any accidents, losses, forces of nature or acts of God.
- All military land is off limits to any contestant(s) in this event.
- All ties will be broken according to your arrival time at check in. Remember you have signed a liability release and in doing so have agreed to follow all wildlife regulations in the area you are hunting in, this also applies to how you handle a motor vehicle so please allow yourself to have enough time set aside to drive safely to check in.
- Coyotes submitted in this event must be whole and intact. No missing limbs, the section behind ribs must be intact. No entrails can be hanging out or missing. Judges have the final say.
- All animals must be harvested during the period of the event.
- Every team member must be present at weigh-in on March 26th
- Giving, exchanging or accepting any animal from anybody during the hunt will result in disqualification.
- Pelts of all animals weighed in must be dry.
- Mailed entry forms must be received no later than 5:00 P.M. on March 24th Final Entry may be made in person no later than 1:00pm on March 24th 2017, at Coyote Arms Shooting Range.
- Rules are subject to change without further notification.
- Teams must determine which animal to weigh; tournament will weigh only two animals per team.
ALL courses require RSVP, please call, email, or message us on Facebook to reserve your spot.